Every summer brings an entire new class of kids heading off to college. New faces, (possibly) new places, and new surroundings! It's possible with all these experiences that one can get a little home sick.
So how do you make your dorm room feel a little more like home? Well, you decorate and personalize it, of course! It may not be perfect, and let's be honest, the rooms can be pretty crammed. But why not have fun with it?
Below I have included some tips and tricks with click-through links of examples! Then some pictures from my dorm Pinterest board to help inspire you to create your perfect little home-away-from-home.
Tips + Tricks:
- Adding a headboard to your bed can help create contrast and color. (tutorial here)
- Personalize by adding monogram decal to your wall.
- Use sticky tack or a cork board to hang up pictures of your friends and family from back home.
- If you know your roommate before hand, try coordinating bedding or pick a color scheme to stick to.
- If your school allows it, lock your bed half way and use a sheet to cover the underneath. That way you can store boxes, crates and anything else without it taking up space or looking cluttered.
- Good lighting is a must-have -- With all of those long study nights, the last thing you're going to want is a harsh LED lamp. Take that into consideration when purchasing and try adding fairy lights for a relaxing vibe.
- Organization is very very important!! Make sure you have plenty of storage containers with you. You're not going to have much space, so make the most of every little bit you have.