March 1, 2014


Hey y'all!

The lack of blogging this week is just crazy, my apologies! But, over the weekend, I was out of town. Megan invited me a few months ago to go visit her brother in Missouri and it was also a chance to get to visit Mizzou's campus.

I'm not sure if you're aware of how cold it is in the northern part of the United States right this moment..but saying I was unprepared is an understatement. I was in complete shock from how freezing cold the air was.

Anyways, here's a break down of my weekend!

Friday (February 28)

Lucky for me, my very sweet mother allowed me to leave school early at one o'clock. Megan and I met up and went to grab some lunch at a local Japanese restaurant (we literally go at least once a week!). After that we headed out to her house to meet up with her dad and step mom, and we managed to arrive just in time to leave for the airport. Although our flight wasn't until 7 o'clock pm, traffic in Texas during rush hour is a pain in the butt--especially when the airport is downtown.  So starting at 3 o'clock, we began a very aggressive race down the highway. 6 o'clock, we rolled in, checked our bags and raced through security. Before I knew it, we were on the plane.

Since we flew SouthWest Airlines, seats were unassigned. As always, Megan made me sit next to the complete stranger. He was nice, but I'm not the best with talking to people. In fact, I get all awkward and just can't stop laughing. The flight was quick, only two hours or maybe even an hour and a half.

Off the plane and into the rental car and, boy, were we lucky. Walking up to the parking spot, and what did we see? A silver Dodge mini van -- or as we referred to it "the swaggin' wagon".  The hotel was about an hour from the airport so Megan and I were in and out of sleeping during the duration of the drive.

Steven (Megan's brother) met us at the hotel and there were lots of hugs. But, it was late and we were all very tired. Waiting in the room was an odd surprise.

BATH TUBS RIGHT NEXT TO THE BED. I'm sorry but this is a little odd, if you ask me. Maybe not for a honeymoon sweet, but the whole third floor was laid out like this. After screaming about how uncomfortable and odd the bath was, we hit the hay.

Saturday, March 1st
Waking up at 8 and getting (the teenage version of) an early start on the day, we headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Pancakes and hash browns. And of course, it wouldn't be a trip to Cracker Barrel without playing the Peg Board Game. I actually managed to only leave one peg on the board on my first try!
Next was the drive to the campus of Mizzou! We had tickets to the basketball game at noon, but it was absolutely freezing. So the trusty "swaggin' wagon" got us around campus until it was time to head into the arena. The campus is absolutely beautiful. If you ever get the opportunity to visit, make sure to check out the student's recreational center. I was blown away with how amazing it is!
The basketball game was Mizzou vs Missippi State. The score was 85-66, with Mizzou winning! The student section was hilarious to watch and had really great energy which kept the game interesting, even during timeouts and breaks.
For dinner, Steven got to pick where we ate. So of all the places in Missouri, we go to a Texas place! I had their salmon and it was so delicious. This is also when we got the news of how bad the weather was going to be for the next day. At one point, we even thought our flights were going to be canceled.
Since the roads were starting to ice over, we drove to our new hotel and spent the rest of the night in. Megan and I managed to watch Saw, The Little Mermaid and Mulan, before passing out.

Sunday, March 2nd
Steven's 19th birthday! But, it was not quite a celebration..and this was just the start of the day..
It may have been cold, but it's never too cold for a photo opportunity! Hey, we live in's not everyday you get to see snow!
We stopped to eat at an Asian buffet which had tons of choices. The sushi was so fresh and absolutely delicious!

But soon enough, we dropped Steven off at his car, said our goodbyes, and headed to the airport. After dropping off the "swaggin' wagon", we flew through security. Our flight was delayed 45 minutes which wasn't bad. In fact, that time was taken advantage of! Megan and I watched We Are The Millers. Loved it!

As fun as it was to see snow, I don't think I'll be moving up North anytime soon..

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© texasweettea. Design by Fearne.